Monday, February 1, 2010

Safe Dishwasher Detergent


Have you ever wondered what they put in those little tablets to clean your dishes? Well I wondered one day because I kept have these white powdery spots all over mine. I thought it was gross so I always had to rinse things before using. Once I started digging a little more as to what they actually have in them I soon realized it's practically toxic and I sure the heck don't want my family ingesting it. I don't know about your husbands but mine sure the heck doesn't inspect dishes before using them. After doing some googling I came across some home made remedies to cleaning supplies. Did you ever wonder what our grandmothers and great grandmothers did before there was such a thing and windex and clorox bleach wipes, or even pledge? Well I figured it out and almost all of it is found in your cupboards. This will be the first of a few posts on my newest project of ridding my home of toxic cleaning supplies and replacing them with safe natural ingrediants. I made this dishwasher soap can with some left over scrapbook paper and an old formula can which I might add comes with the handy dandy scoop already. I still have to apply modge podge from Michaels to the entire container so if it gets wet it won't ruin it. All you need is 2 cups baking soda and two cups borax mix together and voila a safe and cheap I might add dishwasher detergent and stop buying jet dry put white distilled vinegar in instead. It's safe and does the same job!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment