Thursday, January 21, 2010

Homemade babyfood!


Okay, so I am totally into making my daughters baby food from frozen organic veggies and fruit as well as frozen veggies that are from my garden last summer. I think I have it down to a science now. For veggies I boil until tender then put in my blender on puree with some purified water. I then place into ice cube trays and once frozen I put two cubes into ziplock breast milk storage bags. You get about 25 bags for around 6 dollars. When I need to feed I simply take out a bag sit it into a pot of hot water on the stove then put into a little bowl to feed her. I try not to use our microwave as much as possible. I feel like I give her radioactive food when I do, makes me feel guilty. If I'm going to be on the go I grab a bag out of the freezer sit out for a couple hours then throw in the diaper bag, once it's thawed I just mash the bag to mix together because once it starts to thaw you can see the water start seperating from the food. Then simply feed her from the little bag. The bags are pretty sturdy so I just save, wash and reuse. With the frozen fruits I use apple juice instead of water. I feel like such a super mom!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment