Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Friend



This week I had the opportunity to help someone cross off something on their bucket list. A new dear friend of mine Nidhi is from India. She told me since she has been a young girl she has always wanted to get a tattoo. In India this is not something that is typically acceptable or common. A couple weeks ago she noticed that I had a tattoo on my wrist and asked me if I would take her to get one. I said of course no problem, so we tossed around ideas of what she would like and she decided on a beautiful butterfly with her husband and sons name. As you can see in the picture it turned out lovely and she was MORE than excited. She is so happy that now when her son is older she can say, "I have this tattoo from America to remember my time there"! I have learned so much about her culture and I still have so many questions, she is such an intersting sweet woman and I am so thankful I have had the opportunity to become her friend.

Sometimes it's crazy when you think about how people are put in your life and the life long friendships that come from it. It's amazing what can grow from a simple hello!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment